The All-New Volvo S60 Will Visit Three Canadian Cities
The ‘Naughty Volvo Tour’ Coming to CanadaBy online Wednesday, October 27, 2010
TORONTO, Volvo Cars of Canada Corp., (VCCC) announced the start of its upcoming Naughty Volvo Tour and Event to launch the All-New 2011 Volvo S60. The Naughty Volvo Tour will stop at three major cities across Canada, starting in Montreal, QC, July 22 and 23, opening in Toronto, ON, July 26 to 28, and simultaneously in Vancouver, B.C., July 26 and 27. A Special “Night of Naughty” will be the featured event in Toronto’s Distillery District the evening of July 26.
The Naughty event is a one night only rendezvous in the Distillery District. It will combine burlesque performances by Coco Framboise and the sounds of the renowned DJ Dopey and Poizonus. Those wishing to attend can register on the Facebook page of the “redlightdistrict” or at volvocars.ca.
“The Tour allows Canadians to experience the safety and amazing technological aspects of the car,” said Jeff Pugliese. VCCC president and CEO. “Visitors can sit in the car and actually experience the revolutionary Pedestrian Detection and City Safety systems. The Naughty Event displays the other side of the car, fun and fresh and dynamic with an edge like no other Volvo before.”
The Volvo S60 is available with Pedestrian Detection with Full Auto Brake, a groundbreaking technological solution that actively helps the driver avoid accidents. Volvo’s radar- and camera-based system can detect pedestrians in front of the car, warn the driver if someone walks out into its path, and then automatically activate the S60’s full braking power to stop the vehicle if the driver fails to respond in time.
The sexy new design of the all-new S60 has been described as the sportiest Volvo ever. It is equipped with a turbocharged T6 engine, delivering 300 horsepower and 325 lb.-ft. of torque, and comes standard with all-wheel-drive. Its breathtaking new design captures the imagination and sets the heart racing like no other Volvo sedan, with the C-pillar stretching all the way to the taillights, giving the impression of a 4-door coupe.
The Naughty Volvo Tour is a series of experiential events, which allow attendees to preview the Volvo S60 before it goes on sale. Utilizing multimedia interactive displays to emphasize the car’s design, performance and safety attributes will heighten the sensory experience. Demonstrations of the Pedestrian Detection system in action will also be available.Email
What's New On Bogota Free Planet
- You Can Never Have Enough Progressivism
- Flight of the U.S.A.
- Hindus greet Christians on Christmas
- Carbon Tax is Still Environmental Piracy
- FL Technics Jets marks the year with the service of 20 business jets
- Preparing for the colder months: a winter of opportunity for pilots?
- FL Technics signs engineering support agreement with Ariana Afghan Airlines
- The fate of the 737 Classics – Slimmer prospects for pilots in Europe?
- Hindu statesman Rajan Zed prominently appears in documentary on religion in America
- U.N. Agenda 21: Environmental Piracy
- Hindus disappointed at Church of England banning yoga for pensioners
- Older business jets – same performance, different money
- Hindus laud Vatican for drafting record number of women for Synod
- Burma Investment: Cautious Optimism
- Investing in the qualification of current employees
- Small Planet Airlines rejoices at a 43% increase in revenue during the first six months of 2012
- Hindus laud Hungary for selecting Gypsy maltreatment film for Oscars
- El idioma juega un rol muy significante en el desarrollo del Mercado de Aviación en Améric
- Seattle Museum exhibits Ramayana paintings
- Hindus want apology from Australian Prime Minister Gillard over racist job ad